The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

.
Melt Down Day

Today was one of those days better left forgotten. It was rough in virtually every manner.

The only good things that happened today included attending mass at 8:30am and going to the bagel factory on the way home. We bought seven bagels... a cinnamon raisin, a swiss cheese, a french toast, a pumpernickel, a salt bagel, a chocolate chip bagel, and a pumpkin spice (the flavor of the month). Along with the seven bagels, we purchased five different cream cheeses to go with them. The five flavors we selected were plain, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple & walnut and vegetable. I take that back, one additional good thing happened, which was my wife's dinner. The main course was a delightful ham & cheese strata.

During the other times of the day, I cried, I cursed, I cried some more. Issues concerning my mother's estate leave me feeling sad because of the loss of that sense of family, issues of hatred towards my Department leave me feeling another loss of family for how two-faced they are, and to top it off, the damn filling that I had replaced last week fell out again today.

Perhaps my problems are slight and insignificant compared to others, but they hurt me and they hurt like hell. I feel I have lost so much in the last year and a half. I feel adrift.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home