The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 07, 2008

.
Same Old Refrain, But What the Hell Else?

So, I am trying to find the resolve to not feel so awful about everything. I know you have heard this refrain before, and so have I. Personally, I am very sick of hearing it. If this is to be the damn "new normal" I am going to have to live with, then I damn well have to start doing something about it and sticking with it. Probably I will fail again like I always do, like I always have, but there isn't a helluva lot left for me to try, unless I want to go beg my doctor for some SSRI. I do not have a real plan yet, but I am going to simply bully my way through the things I SHOULD be doing, and finish them and get them out of my hair.

That is it in a nutshell really, I am going to just push and force myself through what I should be doing. I figure if I do it successfully for long enough, it will become routine even within this new mindset.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home