The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, March 20, 2009

.
Nice Day in the "Big City"


Yours truly is now a "roving reporter" of sorts as I am away from my home territory and posting to you from the scenic site of the science research meeting I am currently attending. Lest you imagine I am in a tropical oasis, I am not. This year's meeting is being held in a northern climate city much like the one I hail from. Yet, for us, it is a nice, rather balmy day of 50 degree Fahrenheit weather (this is 10 degrees Celsius for those of you less comfortable with Fahrenheit).

Thus far, the meeting is moving along well, although it is early. Last night's Executive Board meeting was adequate, and a few stiff drinks eased my mind into a comfortable state. I hope my students both do well in their presentations. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home