The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

.
Clean Slate



I have never tasted the bottle of wine above, yet. But my wife received it as a gift a few years ago and perhaps we shall drink it soon. I am not overly enthused about white wines (when I drink wine, I prefer the darker, deeper hues of red. To my way of thinking, the darker the red the better).

But, the wine bottle only spurred the name for today's post, nothing more. I am in the midst of massive cleaning, decluttering, and purging of all sorts of excess we have in the house. All the members of the family are helping and our hope is to declutter all the excess STUFF we have so as to have our home be more spacious and clean feeling.

Just one example to help explain some of what we are purging. With my exercise and fitness levels keeping me as fit as I have every been, I am the smallest I have ever been in my life. At my heaviest 100+ pounds ago, I used to wear shirts that were 2XL or 3XL (I now wear Medium). Also at my biggest, I wore 44 inch waist pants and underwear (I now wear 34 inch waist pants). Even though it is VERY hard to do, I am forcing myself to purge all the sizes of clothes except what fits. I have been saving much of it in case I gain the weight back (negative thinking) or sometimes I fear that getting RID of the clothes will cause me to gain the weight back (superstitious thinking). So, I am bagging it all up, passing it through various relatives who may wish to cherry pick items they could use, and then taking the rest to the St. Vincent De Paul, Goodwill, and the Salvation Army in that order.

Well, I must head back home and back to work on cleaning. ALSO... I have purged a helluva lot of stuff from my home office as well. I am gearing up to fix the damn computer so I can work and write from there as well. It may even be something I do today... but I anticipate finishing it perhaps at least by the end of the weekend!

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Never been much of a wine drinker.

I would save those big clothes in case of hard times falling on me, I could take them apart and make new sizes that fit me.

But I enjoy using my sewing machine when the weather is crappy.

Wednesday, 11 May, 2011  
Blogger amelia said...

Good for you!! Think positively!!

Thursday, 12 May, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you are not free of superstitions. It isn't all that rational.

Friday, 13 May, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Looks like damn blogger lost my first comment.

Friday, 13 May, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Blogger is back up, but if you are having trouble viewing some blogs and leaving comments close your current browser windows and open new ones. I finely got a new post up about 12:30.. Bill

Friday, 13 May, 2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow...how was the wine? if you did end up drinking it. i was a huge fan of wine. i love drinking it, not to get drunk but to enjoy the taste. now im into tasting beer, i refuse to drink the big 3( miller, budlight, and budweisser) also not to get drunk but to enjoy the different taste. if you ever get the chance try karl strauss amber lager. it is my favorite! ive been trying to get money to start brewing my own beer. let me know how the wine tasted...

Friday, 20 May, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home