The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

.
The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity



The above is the name of the day for today that I learned while at Mass. I offer the following as a reflection of mine related to today:

From Exodus 34:4b-6, 8-9

Early in the morning Moses went up Mount Sinai
as the LORD had commanded him,
taking along the two stone tablets.

Having come down in a cloud, the LORD stood with Moses there
and proclaimed his name, "LORD."

Thus the LORD passed before him and cried out,
"The LORD, the LORD, a merciful and gracious God,
slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity."

Moses at once bowed down to the ground in worship.
Then he said, "If I find favor with you, O Lord,
do come along in our company.

This is indeed a stiff-necked people; yet pardon our wickedness and sins,
and receive us as your own."

* * * * *

The passage above guides me to be especially appreciative of the following statement: "slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity". This is what I believe very strongly that I need to strive to be more like in my daily life. I feel it is perhaps the most valuable thing I can *do* as a person to be able to be more helpful to others in my day-to-day life.

It is and has always been an extreme challenge to be slower to anger, striving for being kind, and to exhibit true fidelity... but deep in my heart, I know that is the one way that I can attempt to make a true difference in life. I may be able to find actual meaning FOR my life if I work to be truer and kinder and more gentle in my life.




Also, a very, very happy wish for a beautiful Father's Day up in heaven for my beloved Dad. I miss you greatly and I wish you were here physically with me here on Earth so that we could sit and talk, and go out to eat Coney Dogs, root beer, and have a few pipes together. I miss you so, so very much. I will be smoking several of the pipes of YOURS that I have today.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Mass, rolls eyes....

But my mother liked being a catholic, I suspect she is screwing god as I type these words.

Happy Fathers Day to da dads.

Sunday, 19 June, 2011  
Blogger SueH said...

I miss my Dad, too - so many things I wish we'd talked about (esp. to do with him living under an assumed name for 40+ years! :-o)
I wonder what he would have made of how his grandkids turned out? ;-)

Sunday, 19 June, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Also, a very, very happy wish for a beautiful Father's Day up in heaven for my beloved Dad.

He's busy screwing my mothers brains out, hehehehe

Sunday, 19 June, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home