The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

.
Buzz



No, not the kind that a lot of the kids are talking about for after they complete their finals.... although it does sound appealing. My buzz is to symbolize a busy Apis mellifera going about its tasks.

I have not been doing much of anything exciting. Yet, I have been productive, preparing numerous lectures and research items the last few days. I have been willing and able to focus on these mundane tasks all this week, which is good for me, for usually I am either unable to focus on them due to time constraints, or unwilling to focus on them (because they can be rather dull at times).

One interesting thing that happened yesterday, was involving exercise. I ended up sleeping through my alarm on Wednesday morning and hence got up later than I had intended. So, instead of my normal, very early morning walk/jog... I went to work figuring I would find some time later in the day. I did... but in a way that was quite different for me. I ended up jogging for four complete miles WITHOUT a break... and this is the best part... I jogged all around and throughout campus. Some of you may be thinking.... "So what?". But, many of you know and/or realize that I have traditionally been very self-conscious about exercising or doing just about anything non-professorial while on campus. So, this has been a good and productive step for me. I am working on being less self-conscious about many things in life.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

Good for you for breaking from the ordinary!!

Thursday, 23 June, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

This is congratulations-worthy!

Saturday, 09 July, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home