The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

.
Trying Out A New Routine



I have been feeling grumpy as hell the last couple of days because I am teaching a Summer class which I volunteered to do (a long time ago). It is not that I do not enjoy teaching... I do. I am just feeling out of sorts because I was really enjoying the less structured aspects of my Summer vacation.

It is stupid of me to get grouchy about this, so I have been devising a plan in my mind. Basically, what I am trying to do is to use this teaching time in a way that I will (hopefully) teach MYSELF something as well....

My goal is to teach myself to improve my a) patience, b) my acceptance of what is, and c) to put into action more of the PROACTIVE goals I have for myself. "A" and "B" are philosophical constructs that I wish to improve in myself. I think if I can make some headway on these I will be a better person for others and will be more content with myself. "C" is a more direct goal... in which I am aiming to think ahead (in a carefully prescribed fashion) so as to garner more time outside of work and inside work. I will try to flesh this out more in tomorrow's essay.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You're just not getting enough nooky, some more of it would cheer you right up.

Wednesday, 29 June, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home