The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

.
Woke Up At 4:30, Grumpy


My wife and I spent a good deal of our limited free time, yesterday, working through our "issue" which caused such a rift on Sunday. Fortunately, things have gotten patched up and things are now ok with us.

That said, however, I think I have "PASI" (post-argument stress issues) I am working through at the moment (in the past, this typically lasts about a day after the argument ends). Typically, as a result of our argument, I will have some pronounced muscle soreness (most notably in my forearms and in my lower legs.... usually from my clenching my fists and my feet, which I have do even when asleep if I am stressed enough) and usually an aching jawline, ear and neck as I also very frequently viciously grind my teeth and clench my jaw when I am upset.... and I already do this to a degree when NOT upset as I have temporomandibular jaw disorder.

This morning, I awoke at 4:30 am and my jaw radiated enormous pain which was a residual of my clenching. It hurt so around one tooth that I used Ambesol to deaden the pain, and went walking.

So, I am still feeling somewhat grumpy, but the pain is subsiding and other than the fact that the damn link button on blogger is malfunctioning (I tried to put a few links in this essay, to no avail), I am doing better, and am anticipating to be pain free tomorrow.

PipeTobacco

8 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

When a woman stresses me out to much I just move on, that's not for everyone but it works for me.

Wednesday, 31 August, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

I don't wake up grumpy, it's more peaceful to just let her sleep, hahaha

Saturday, 03 September, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a photo of you, Prof? If so, good picture.

Saturday, 03 September, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

You're not doing very well with your one post a day goal.

Sunday, 04 September, 2011  
Blogger Osse said...

I feel that women create fuss in life if you agree them at all stages... but i also feel that you should treat them with love and care but in some part of the life you have to think broadly and wisely as well... professor i like your post and attitude ♥♥♥
masters dissertation

Friday, 23 September, 2011  
Anonymous Ashley Regan said...

I feel that women create fuss in life if you agree them at all stages... but i also feel that you should treat them with love and care but in some part of the life you have to think broadly and wisely as well... professor i like your post and attitude ♥♥♥ masters dissertation

Thursday, 25 October, 2012  
Blogger Pianoman said...

My name is John and you're using my picture for this blog. How did you get it and why did you think you had my permission to use it?

Friday, 20 November, 2015  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Pianoman:

Sorry about that. I thought I had gotten the image from a free image base. I will remove it. Thank you for the information.

PipeTobacco

Sunday, 22 November, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home