The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

.
Rough Start



It has just been a rough few days here. There is a helluva lot of administration b*llsh*t going on that I and others of the Department have been dealing with. It is frustrating and tiring to have to do this kind of crap instead of what my job is really supposed to be:

1. Teaching students and teaching well.

2. Researching and discovering new knowledge.

3. Being of service to my community.

Having to be embroiled in inane and useless b*llsh*t just saps the energy out of me and makes it 100x harder to do the above three things which *are* truly enjoyable... and are what my job as a professor is supposed to be about.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Anonymous vanessa said...

Hello, can I invite you for an interview about yuor job as a college professor? Your blog is very interesting. for more information, please visit www.JobShadow.com. If you are interested please email me at vanessa@jobshadow.com. Thanks!

Thursday, 08 September, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

Sounds bad. Take care.

Saturday, 10 September, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home