The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

.
10th Anniversary, But...



Of course, today is the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks. Yes, it was horrific on many levels. You can find a huge array of information about that date, the 10th anniversary remembrances, and all manner of related materials in roughly 7 million other sites on the Web. Please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to be callous or disrespectful. I am simply saying that *I* personally cannot spend the entirety of my emotions for this day focused on that event.

However, here today, I want to commemorate a few things that are *not* related to that horrific event:

1. Today is one of my sister and brother-in-law's wedding anniversary.

2. Today I will spend time trying to find my own peace and centered focus.

3. Today I want to show my family more love.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I'm sick and tired of hearing about 9/11 as if us Americans are so special. America asks for things like that to happen.

I got a picture of Terry's pipe collection, and he gave me an old interesting cigarette holder that looks like a little pipe, looks like it's from the roaring 20's, I'll post a picture of it also.

Today I will spend time trying to find my own peace and centered focus.

I'm most at peace with the rest of the world when I'm camping.

Sunday, 11 September, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

How can I love her when she won't lay down? Hahahaha

Sunday, 11 September, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home