The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 26, 2011

.
LAX



As many of you have probably noticed, when I am away for a while, it is usually because my life has gotten too damn busy for my liking. Indeed, this has been the case, and while crazy goings on are underfoot at the U, I am fighting back with all the energy I can muster to eek out more of my own time for life and living.

This blog post signifies my pledge to fight like hell to keep myself from being sucked back into the whirlpool-like tidal ooze that can be a very negative (and unnecessary) aspect of University life. It is a daunting challenge, but I am fighting the good fight to eliminate the following items of b*llsh*t:

1. To stay out of political wrangling b*llsh*t at the U.
2. To quit being the indentured servant for a bunch of administrative yahoos and an even larger supply of administrative wannabees.
3. To quit letting other's emotions dictate how I live my day.


And I am putting forth an equally good fight to do the following:

1. To give the most love and joy and guidance that I can to my beloved family.
2. Stay an active part of the U life and culture that I so enjoy.
3. Stay on top of my game in research.

I am trying to learn some new tricks here, and hopefully they will pan out.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

LAX.... I've been to LAX, seen it from a different perspective than most do, hauled a truck load in there one night and dropped it off right off out by the runways.

You wouldn't believe all the fucking planes coming in there, one right after an other. These fucking monkeys are sure busy destroying mother earth.

Hug your kids, things aren't going to be so easy for them.

Monday, 26 September, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Oh to hell with it, your kids don't need to be as spoiled as you are anyway.

Monday, 26 September, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home