The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, February 25, 2013

I Am The Walrus





A student commented to me after class today that I had a "walrus moustache".  I told her that, yes, that would be a technically correct statement, but that usually the term is not used when a person also wears a beard along with the moustache.

It was a long weekend.  SOPS has had to be restarted as you can see.

I never used to think I was an emotional fellow.  Well, that is not so true... I knew I had A LOT of emotions INSIDE.  Yet, I had been able to have a rather stoic demeanor at least when I was anxious, or upset, or sad.  I do not think I have changed, but it seems my emotions apparently are billboarded across my face these days.

I am not entirely sure why, but while most people dismissed the song, I have always greatly enjoyed "I Am The Walrus" by the Beatles (you may hear the song below). I think I enjoy that sort of cacophony of sound when it is still rather linear in focus like this is musically.  


PipeTobacco

Today's (Monday's) Goal = 0 bowls   

Sunday's [2/24] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Sunday) = 3 bowls


Saturday's [2/23] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Saturday) = 10 bowls


Walking Day 1618 / SOPS Day 0

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Whoa, ten bowls on Saturday? Go stand in the corner for an hour with Teri.

I've never heard "I Am The Walrus" before, didn't do a thing for me.

Stormy this morning and the wind is blowing now, I'm not going for a feckin walk today.

Monday, 25 February, 2013  
Blogger Leslie said...

I think I enjoy that sort of cacophony of sound when it is still rather linear in focus like this is musically

Just admit it P-Frump, you did tons of acid in your youth.

Tuesday, 26 February, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 26 February, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 26 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home