The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Am I a Ram or Goat?




At Mass today, the following was part of the first reading:

"As for you, my sheep, says the Lord GOD,
I will judge between one sheep and another,
between rams and goats."


The ram is a symbol for Christ taken from the Old Testament. The ram represents Christ because it is the leader of the herd and also because the ram is a sacrificial animal, reminding us of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for our sins.

The goat usually represents those who are condemned at the Last Judgment. This use is taken from the parable of the sheep and the goats in Matthew. By extension, the goat may be used to represent demonic forces.

It gives me pause to think... am I more like a "Ram" in my life or am I more like a "Goat"?  I am hoping I am more like a Ram.

PipeTobacco 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home