The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, August 10, 2018

Tarragon

My newest "fad" in terms of spice usage in cooking is with tarragon.  For some reason, even though I have used it in the past, it somehow feels especially fresh and enjoyable to use lately.  I have been adding it to all sorts of different dishes I cook or bake.  One especially noteworthy use I had for tarragon lately is in cornbread.  I made a Mexican bean dish for us for dinner last night, and I decided to make a different flavored cornbread.  In this case I used tarragon and crushed black pepper.  It was really good!

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

I will try adding tarragon the next time I make cornbread.

Saturday, 11 August, 2018  
Blogger Jane said...

I can't remember my dad ever preparing a meal for the family while I was growing up. Even now for family gatherings at his house we, his daughters prepare the meals.
I like when I see men helping with meal preparation! And you seem to do a good with it!

Saturday, 11 August, 2018  
Blogger austere said...

the first I've heard of this! What does it taste like? Okay, I googled but that didn't help.

Thursday, 30 August, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home