The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hitting the Wall



A confluence of crap is swirling around me during the last several days.  A relative has died on my wife's side of the family.  She has had to leave for several days to help with that situation.  I have not been sleeping well, and my tending to duties here in the homestead has increased about two-fold due to her absence.  I am feeling lonely and utterly exhausted.  I so very much want to smoke my pipes.  I keep trying to tell myself that my feelings are due to the chaos of the moment and that I should resist and keep refraining.  But, I truthfully do not know if I will.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger jenny_o said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your relative, and that you are facing this test of will. There's no doubt about it; it's a difficult spot to be in.

Stress is what triggers us all in our various addictions. My husband's is cigarettes. Mine is food, particularly sweets. Others use alcohol. All you can do is your best under the circumstances. Wishing you strength.

Tuesday, 18 September, 2018  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

You know, at some point we have to weigh out what is bad for us and what is calming for us and see which way the scales lean.
Perhaps an occasional tote of pot would leave you calmed and satisfy the longing...
Just saying
the Ol'Buzzard

Friday, 21 September, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home