The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Numbers






Two "milestones" to mention today:

1.  Today was the 3,616th day in a row where I walked or ran at least 5 miles without missing a single day!!!!!  I am fast approaching the 10 year mark for this behavior.  I hope I make it.

2.  I have now passed a full 1/2 of a year (6 months) without smoking a pipe. 

Again, neither of the above really has any value or bearing on much of anything relevant, I know.  I realize in the greater scheme of things, both are truthfully rather inconsequential.  I mention them both, however, because they are meaningful to me, personally.  Both help me feel like I can show commitment to something, and help me to see I am capable of purposeful consistency. 

PipeTobacco

10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't think those two accomplishments are at all trivial. Congratulations on both.

Wednesday, 15 August, 2018  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Cheering you on.
Coffee is on

Wednesday, 15 August, 2018  
Blogger Sharon said...

Doing better than well, I'd say!

Wednesday, 15 August, 2018  
Blogger AK Coldweather said...

Dear PT,
I struggle to resist the large dish of free chocolate candy at work. While my struggle does not have the same potentially harmful health consequences as yours, it's very real. Many times as I've approached the dish my motivation to resist has been bolstered by thoughts of your abstinence from pipe smoking knowing how much you would dearly love to do it. One never knows how they are positively influencing others. Keep up the good work. -AK

Wednesday, 15 August, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

fecking proud of you..

Sunday, 19 August, 2018  
Blogger jenny_o said...

On the contrary, I think both of those accomplishments - especially as they are activities that many people find particularly difficult - show the amount of self-discipline you have. I say congratulations and give yourself time to really let it sink in.

First comment here (although I've been reading for a bit) and that speaks to how important I think this is. Usually I just don't have much to contribute.

Sunday, 19 August, 2018  
Blogger Geo. said...

Dear Prof., I applaud your resolve. I have been physically fit all my life, but recently began paying the price for 50 years of pipe-smoking. You are a good example for me. Thanks.

Sunday, 19 August, 2018  
Blogger BBC said...

You are doing great, keep it up.

Thursday, 23 August, 2018  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Wow! Both amazing and show excellent perseverance and dedication.

Thursday, 23 August, 2018  
Blogger austere said...

Great job, PT!

Thursday, 30 August, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home