The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Rough Patch

I have unfortunately been experiencing a very rough patch emotionally, hence my lack of posting.  I am still feeling quite horrific in that regard at the moment, but I am hoping that forcing myself to do more of my normal day-to-day activities will help pull me out of the abyss. 

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

I am still sitting here trying to figure out how endocrinology laces in with the study of zoology...

You need to find some tranquil place to camp out with a jug of good scotch and a pouch of your favorite pipe tobacco - and fuck discipline: have a nice week-end appreciating nature and the things you like - not pondering on your troubles.
the Ol'Buzzard

Tuesday, 26 March, 2019  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Sorry about the rough patch. You've been here before, and you've come out of it before. And spring is definitely on its way, even though the calendar insists it's already here. It's not, but there are signs it's on its way, and rebirth and renewal are part of the promise of spring.

Tuesday, 26 March, 2019  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about your down time.

Tuesday, 26 March, 2019  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Don't think for a minute that you are the only person who goes through rough patches. I say this in no unkind way, but just as an confirmation that these "down" times can and do happen to so many, myself included. The difference here is that you have admitted that it's happening now while others, like myself, are not so forthcoming. Don't beat yourself up too badly because you will be bruised.

Wednesday, 27 March, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home