The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Another One

Another very hectic day for me at the U.  So once again I hit the trail running at 4:30am.  I think I am having my mettle tested... it was a downpour style rain, 38 degrees.... and my least favorite thing.... high winds (~15mph, ~24 mph) so half of my run was into that horrid wind.  I really detest running against the wind.  BUT, I was damn dogged determined and did it.

Only 3 hours of lecturing today, then a few hours of grant writing (big yawn), interspersed with additional desperate student consultations (“Dr. Pipe, I just don’t know what’s happening, I got all  A’s in high school.  I can’t get a D!!!!!  What can I do?!?!?). Luckily, with still 1/2 the semester left, I can suggest that they refine their study habits in several ways and they USUALLY leave with a plan.  Whether they enact the plan is up to them.

On the way out this evening, I stopped to get a haircut.  I am feeling considerable yearnings to have a couple of beers and a pipe or two or three.  But instead, I suppose I will go home, trim my beard and mustache a bit, take a shower and then pass out candy to the ghosts and goblins that stop by.  Then my wife and I will eat something, and maybe watch some tv and then go to bed.

I AM leading an exciting life, do not you agree? (sarcasm). :)

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

It sounds like my exciting life! Quite comfy though.

You are insane, by the way, getting up to run at 4.30 am in rain and wind! Crazy man!

Friday, 01 November, 2019  
Blogger jenny_o said...

Your exciting life sounds like my husband's and my exciting life :) We are content with it, and that's the main thing.

Friday, 01 November, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home