The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Break


Taking a small break from working on my classes to post today. 

It has been a few days of almost non-stop rain here.   That has made it more challenging for me in terms of running because the temperature is only a degree or two above freezing, and it has been quite windy as well.  But, I have been persevering and running on the trail.  I come back looking like a soaking wet dog, but then I hope in the shower to clean and warm up. 

After I completed enough teaching work for the day yesterday, I spent some time playing both my bass clarinet and my tenor saxophone.  I have two pieces I have been practicing, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for three Bb instruments, and also a reasonably good score for Chicago's "25-or-6 to 4" that I have been enjoying working on.  I found a backing track on-line for the Chicago that is in the right key and I have been working on playing along with that.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Great photo. The weather people keep telling us we're in for some rain here in North Idaho.
Coffee is on

Saturday, 28 March, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That rain is coming our way soon. Low lying areas could experience some flooding.

Saturday, 28 March, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home