The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Another 8.6


Ran another 8.6 (~13 km)miles this morning.  With my planned for minimum of at least 6.6 (~10.5 km) miles on Saturday, that will give me over 50 miles (80+ kn) in for this week and I can just walk instead on Sunday. 

With the day of walking on Sunday, I am at least planning on trying to get my July 1/2 Marathon in on Monday of next week.  This will be a run of at least 13.1 miles (~21 km).  I would really like to get this done for the month on Monday so I can not have to worry about getting in another long run of this type until August.  By having a walking day the day before I do this longer (for me) run, it tends to make it a bit easier. 

I am also in the process of getting started in the writing of a new edition of a lab manual I have written that we use in a set of classes at the U.  I have some nice plans for improvements in this new edition and while it is a lot of work to meticulously revise it, I am looking forward to getting the finished product with the new, interesting and helpful graphic images to the publisher for layout and design.  I think this version will be even more valuable for the students. 

Rapid fire thoughts:

Things I am currently feeling contentment about....

my wife and my family
my consistency with exercise
my relative success at guiding students to learn
the foods I am eating and preparing with my wife
the strong growth of our garden this year
my finding at least some regular times for playing music


Things I am currently worrying about....

Covid-19
my wife's health

the safety of the practice of traditional (face-to-face) education (K-12 or U) in the Fall


some of my kid's ability to see the "bigger picture" on things

the election in November


Things I am currently sad about....

the many loved ones who have passed away
the extreme and excessive polarization of society due to politics
the rancor from folks who view wearing a mask as an infraction of their rights instead of a kindness to others
missing my pipes and pipe tobaccos
the inability to swim in the public pool due to Covid-19


PipeTobacco




3 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

An interesting inventory of your thoughts. Thank you!

Friday, 17 July, 2020  
Blogger GaP said...

Really wish I could run these days......and yes....the NOVEMBER election has blood pressure up as well...

Friday, 17 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I worry about those who don't wear mask and I find them being selfish.
Coffee is on

Saturday, 18 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home