The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday


Kind of a rough weekend emotionally.  My wife was feeling a lot of emotions and this lead us to talk with two of our kids yesterday about some concerns/challenges that were going on related to best practice with Covid-19, and it lead to all of us feeling very emotional and then both physically and emotionally spent.  To a large degree, the talk and discussion revolved completely around Covid-19 and how to be careful.  Unfortunately the younger folks disagreed with the grey-haired folks in several facets of this discussion and it was taxing on us all.  The residual feelings still are flavoring this morning. 

I ended up getting up at 4:40am to complete my July 1/2 Marathon run (I actually ran 13.5 miles (~22km)) and was right about at the two hour mark to complete it.  I am glad this 1/2 Marathon is done for July, so I can keep working on my goal of at least one 1/2 Marathon length run each month in 2020. 

I am just going to work on class materials for the upcoming Fall semester for the rest of the day.  Hopefully emotions will be better for us all by late this afternoon.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

young people learn through mistakes. Hopefully the mistakes are not costly.
the Ol'Buzzard

Monday, 20 July, 2020  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Good work on the half marathon! How are you feeling? Sore? Most of my runs are only when I go get the kids from daycare with the running stroller, but it's been hot as hell.

Monday, 20 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't if it nessuary the young folks. I see plenty of people all ages who for what every reason is following CDC guidelines. It makes my angry become depressed because there nothing I can do.

Monday, 20 July, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh oh. It seems as though the younger ones are willing to take risks.

Tuesday, 21 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home