The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

HOT! Zucchini Mania


The heat we have been experiencing has resulted in a bumper crop of zucchini!  It was only three days ago that I said to my wife that I saw three zucchini that I should probably harvest *soon*.  Last night I ended up collecting 12 zucchini.... and the original three that I thought were "just about ready" a few days ago were ENORMOUS (well OVER a pound (0.5 kg) each. 

We are going to make some healthy (fat free) zucchini bread (regular and chocolate), and I am going to eat a beyond huge mixing bowl of cubed, seasoned and steamed zucchini with dinner along with an equally huge salad (the salad is always huge too).  I am thinking I will add ginger, curry, allspice, and tarragon to the steamed zucchini cubes (and salt and pepper of course).  I can typically finagle those spices into something that has a slightly exotic, somewhat Ethiopian cuisine flavor.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

sounds great. At one time my wife made zucchini relish that was delicious.
the Ol'Buzzard

Saturday, 18 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Zucchini cookie are also really good.

Saturday, 18 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home