The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, December 14, 2020

A Better Cyborg

 I want to state first that vomiting my emotions on the page last Friday was actually pretty helpful for me.  It allowed me to categorically state my feelings and emotions so that they did not have to keep ruminating in my mind.  As a result I had a much more pleasant weekend and day today.  

My weekend and today was spent, primarily, as usual..... with cyborging.  But, as this is the final exam week at my U., it has been cyborging with a sense of accomplishment.   I finished getting my last final exam UP into the cyborg universe this morning, and so each of the five are all set to be available HOPEFULLY at their correct times for the students.  

I spent the rest of my cyborging time today fussing with grades.... mostly seeing about my 250 students.... and looking at things they may have missed and giving some an additional FINAL option to turn the things in or they would have to earn a zero.  

In the background, I had playing on my computer, a “radio” program where there happened to be a pipe smoking group that was from several years ago.   My desires for a pipe have been very strong, but manageable.  Listening to the fellows talking about the flavors and enjoyment made me both happy and regretful.... I have to admit I love everything about smoking a pipe, and I have to accept that may never subside, but will undulate between manageable times and difficult times...... with maybe a rare moment or two where I *might* be distracted enough to not think of them.   

Running was EXTREMELY cold today.... 15 degrees and about 20 mph winds..... but I still did it outside!!!! All nine miles!!!!  But I really need to devote some time to adjusting the used treadmill to get it up to snuff.  I need it since I have no other option once there is ice.  

One pleasant thing I did was clean up the basement so that my workbench is now functional for a few instruments I want to start to tear down and refurbish.  My first one is a beautiful (it will be at least) metal clarinet I was able to find dirt cheap.  I have a clear mouthpiece that I think will make it stunning too after I repaid and polish it up.  I am thinking I will keep it in my office at the U.  

PipeTobacco 

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I am glad for you that your weekend went well enough. Take care.

Tuesday, 15 December, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Good news all around. I find that just emptying my head onto paper/screen often helps.

Tuesday, 15 December, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home