The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

A Better Day


 

Today has been a better day.  A very BUSY day, but a much better day.  My post is shorter today because I am running out of time before I get to go swimming with my wife.  But, here is a brief synopsis:

  • Ran 10 miles (~16 km) on the indoor track due to not wanting to be in the very harsh sun and heat.... and air quality was MODERATE.  
  • A book I requested through the U's Inter-Library Loan came it today and I am excited!  It is a new book that is an biographical compilation about the HISTORICAL FIGURES of my research specialty.  It should be wonderful to read.  
  • I had a wonderfully productive meeting with the U's Grants Office and she has been very encouraging to me on a pair of grants I am aiming to write this upcoming academic year.  
  •  I came to an AWARENESS earlier today that I can and do fully enjoy what I do.... and that the two folks that hurt me in our Department are unimportant to my day-to-day life.  I had been feeling some of the forlorn emotions about the issues surrounding these two folks.... and somehow I was able to figure out how to become aware again of how those two have minimal impact on my life... and that I DO get to do a helluva lot of fun things here as a U Prof.  
  • The POTENTIAL idea of going to the beautiful "pipe sanctuary" (my euphemism for the wonderful pipe shop about 45 minutes away).... still gives me tingles of excitement.  I am still not sure if it is advisable for me to go or not.  But.... just IMAGINING going.... is invigorating!  I still do have concerns it will be a damn awful slippery slope I set myself upon if I do go..... but I am still considering it!
  • Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, and rainy and a bit cooler!  It should be wonderful running weather..... OUTSIDE!!!!!  

4 Comments:

Blogger John Going Gently said...

A meandering post
Just as I like

Tuesday, 11 July, 2023  
Blogger BBC said...

Nice to see that you are still around buddy.

Tuesday, 11 July, 2023  
Blogger GaP said...

Hear, hear, Pat M. regarding the pipes. As for realizing that the two mental miscreants at The Department should mean absolutely nothing to your mental health and work enjoyment, I applaud you! Once you ditch the baggage that other people are placing on your psyche, life becomes a lot easier. Trust me, I know.

Wednesday, 12 July, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

You would like to resolve the situation but it sounds like your conclusion that they don't affect your daily life will free you of the inner turmoil. Sounds like some great stuff going on!

Wednesday, 12 July, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home