The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Hectic


 

I am still feeling quite blue from my failings.  I also feel quite misunderstood by my family currently.  But, I do not talk about that here.  So, "c'est la vie" I guess.  We have never been given a guarantee in life to be understood or encouraged.

  • To pound out some of the frustration and hurt... I ran 15.3 miles (~24.5 km) this morning.  It helped some.  
  • During the run, I prayed 10 decades of the rosary and listened to 1 and 1/2 Masses.  When I could maintain appropriate focus, they helped me as well.  
  • I have been VERY busy with a lot of damnable paperwork today.  But, surprisingly, it in a "net" sort of fashion.... has proven helpful as well as it took my mind away from the hurt.
  • I also spent some time doing literature searches related to a) a grant opportunity I am thinking of aiming for in the future, and b) garnering literature that can help support some of  the research I am now focusing on for a potential scientific research meeting in the Fall. 
  • Without the "technique" I have of remembering and mentally "reliving" a prior, beautiful, serene pipe experience last night, I suspect I would have been tossing-and-turning most of the night.  Even with the beautiful technique, it took me longer to fall asleep.... but it still worked.
PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

You have excellent ways to distract yourself from the family issues. I had a mostly sleepless night last night due to worries over my latest grandson. (and how my daughter and her boyfriend are going to handle what they might have to)

Wednesday, 19 July, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are going through tough times, but it may be that you expect too much of yourself. But I know that telling you to buck up doesn’t help your family situation. That is beyond your control, it seems.

Thursday, 20 July, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home