The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 12, 2004

Life can be good at times. I am getting into the first day of the new semester. I am looking forward to the new faces of the students, but I am also still relishing the moments from Friday. Therefore, if you read this, I urge you to scroll down to the January 10, 2004 entry. It describes a wonderful day.

Of added note.... the blackberry/sage infused pipe tobacco is indeed a heavenly nectar. As I filled my very large-bowled, full bent, tradtional Peterson pipe, I could see the texture of the leaf was that of a cube-cut... all similar in size and shape (unlike the more common ribbon cut leaf). The cube-cut was a wonderful sign, for it is more commonly seen in strong, robust mixtures.... the type I am most fond of. The smell of the leaf out of the pouch had an ethereal quality of beauty and grace. I could hardly contain myself waiting to meld the flame from my trusty lighter with the new leaf! As I slowly nurtured the flame into the bowl, the great quafts of smoke that ensued were fragrant and lovely. Finally, with the leaf fully alight and the bowl growing warm in my paw, I took a deep draft from the stem, inhaling deeply this new leaf. My satisfaction was easily apparent if you saw the broad, furry-faced grin of contentment and relaxation upon my face as I slowly exhaled the thick, rich smoke. Pure bliss.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home