The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Well, a milestone was reached yesterday for this blog. My counter is now into 4 digit numbers. That is correct.... I have now had over 1000 views of my blog. To me that seems amazing and I am thankful that my readership is growing.

Unfortunately I became too damn busy in preparing for the new semester yesterday to sneak out and visit the pipe shop, but I am going to strive to get there this afternoon. I have been hankering to see the new January pipes and perhaps sample 2 or 3 of the new blends of leaf.

Emotions are both a blessing and a curse. Experiences of joy and contentment are blissful. Sadness and loneliness are a challenge but usually are emotions you can use for growth and development, so they even have a benefit. However, feelings of shame, distrust, inadequacy, and fear are abombinations. Living with feelings of worthlessness via the "Cool Guy Syndrome" are, I believe (for those who suffer from this syndrome), at the core of MANY of our difficulties in life. The waste of energy used in dealing with these emotions consumes so much that it is akin to needing to drive around an emotional "gas-guzzler" to cope instead of being able to drive a fuel efficient model. The pollution that I must emit being a "gas-guzzler" is horrid.

I want to rid myself of this huge "Syndrome Beast" and be able to become more emotionally energy efficient. I care for the planet, and just like actual fuel polluting our land, I feel that "gas guzzler" emotions also pollute our land. If I can successfully shed this waste this year, I will have truly contributed something worthwhile in making the world a better place.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home