The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 09, 2004

Life has just been too damn busy for my own good. In order to feel happy, life needs both a purpose and times where you are free to explore and relax.... without meetings, appointments and other issues.

The following quote is of value to me:

“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.”

- Alexander Graham Bell

This is a motto that I *try* hard to live by, although I am often not able to follow. I feel that it is important and significant for for me to be a *success* in the way I define the term...... success to me is to provide service to my world. The service communities I live in most are a) my family, b) my university, c) my local community, and d) my global community.

However, I have found this week that I DO NOT prepare my own enjoyment in life. I think it is something I *should* also prepare for. Hence, I am 100% driven to take that long awaited "hooky" break this afternoon. I have decided to expand the effort as well:

I vow that I am going to leave work early today and a) go puruse and play at my beloved pipe/pipe tobacco shop, and b) I will also go play at the tavern next door to the pipe shop and indulge in a few to several potent libations this afternoon.

I plan to keep this prepared for event today!

Pipe Tobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home