The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 06, 2007

.
"Good" Friday

Today in the Roman Catholic Faith we are experiencing what is called "Good Friday". It is a day in remembrance of the crucifixion of Christ. It is a very solemn day. Sunday, of course is much the opposite... that day is Easter Sunday, the day of enormous celebration in the Roman Catholic Faith because of the resurrection of Christ.

Today now marks 5 weeks since the passing of my beloved mother. While the agony of the lack of her human presence has diminished as I have grown unfortunately used to this change in reality, the emptiness I feel is there as I suspect it shall always be there.

She was and is such a dear, precious lady. I so would love to talk to her again. Even though it is not the same, I think I will conclude this essay with words I wish I could say to her again:

Mom, I want you to know that I love you very deeply. I want you to know that I worked hard to try to keep you comfortable and healthy and happy. Please also know that I was blessed and privileged to have had the opportunity to have you live in our home. The manner in which I look at and live life is something I am very indebted to both you and Dad for, and I wish I could have more time on this Earth with both of you. Please know how much I have tried to be a good son for you and how I have shaped my own self to a large degree on the values and beliefs you have instilled in me. I hope to keep working and striving to give you reason to have pride in me. Your caring and love for me is something I desperately miss in the tangible sense, even though I hope and pray that I will be able to feel your care and love for me while you are in heaven as well. I miss so greatly our gentle conversations and quiet times of chat. They mean the world to me, and you mean the world to me. Please know I love you and miss you.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home