The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

.
Joel



In yesterday's essay (which I used a secret, "magical" technique to invert), I happened to include a comic of "Gasoline Alley" featuring one of my very favorite characters in comics of all time.... Joel.

I happen to empathize with Joel. In fact I see a fair number of similarities between this cartoon character and myself:

1. There are a variety of physical and behavioral characteristics that are similar including his manner of dress, his proclivity for hats, his hair/beard/moustache, his pipe, the way he tends to clasp his hands behind his back, his pipe, etc.

2. A propensity to be misunderstood.

3. A quiet, thinking demeanor.

4. Most think of him as being a comedic buffoon, but he really is a deeply caring man and thoughtful man.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home