The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

.
Damn Rat



Laboratory rats are usually very docile and pleasant creatures to work with. However, one genetic strain of rat that I currently am using for one strand of my research is much more edgy and intense. Today, one of these rats bit my finger. It is nothing serious, but it is annoying. It is only the third bite I have ever experienced in my many decades of working with thousands of rats. The difficulty (problem) is that rat bites are deep, so they are slower to heal.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Had a couple of white rats when I was a teen, decent pets.

Wednesday, 21 December, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

argh.
tetanus shot? antibiotic cover?
yes, yes, you're the expert.

my inability to decimate these was one of the reasons I changed my field.

Thursday, 22 December, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home