The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

.
Aggravating Finger



A brierfer post today. I am wearing one of the contraptions above to protect my finger where I was bitten. It is not a serious wound, but it is deep, and I think that by wearing this for a few days prior to the holiday, my finger will heal more rapidly, and not be continually bumped. The metal cage does protect the tip of my finger (the site of the injury) but it is clumsy and cumbersome. It also makes typing a bit of a chore. However, bumping the injury can cause the tissue healing to take longer as it keeps re-opening the repairing tissues.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Typing wasn't a hell of a lot of fun for a while last summer when I smacked two of my fingers using the chop saw.

But the nails have almost grown out long enough now that I can pick my nose again. :-)

A device like that I would have made much shorter so it just fit over the end of my finger. Or maybe I'd just use a sewing thimble.

But I'm a tuff and stubborn old fuck, after the smacking and cussing I just kept on working.

Thursday, 22 December, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

Isn't this a finger splint that's used for fractures? Rather cumbersome... don't quite see why you have to immobilise the finger?

Saturday, 24 December, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home