The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Nice

Again, as allowed in my 97.5% pipe tobacco free plan, I did indulge today with libations and pipes with my elderly father-in-law.  Both were nice.  But, neither was utterly beautiful nor utterly amazing.  I really think I am getting to not be so enamored with pipes anymore.  I can even envision possibly giving up entirely.  I do not think it will be soon.... As the 97.5% reduction is going well, but I can see it for the future.  It may just feel right.  

Truth be told, I never thought it would be like this.  I thought I would be pining for my pipes ALL the time during Lent.  During my prior attempt at refraining, I DID pine for pipes and pipe tobacco.  I even had an empty pipe I held in my hand as I went to sleep during my prior attempt as a sort of pacifier.  Not this time. 

I am amazed at this success.  I hope it persists.  And, I believe it actually may persist even after Lent!

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Next year during lent you can give up sex so just keep that dick in your pants.

Saturday, 22 March, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home