The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Key to Failure

About 9:00pm last night, through a series of unusual events, I came to the realization that I did not have my keys..... I have a large set of keys..... vehicle, home, and many U keys.  Their loss set me into a anxiety filled panic.  I and my wife searched everywhere at home for over three hours.  I called the pool and the public safety of the pool.  I called the grocery store we had gone to.  No luck.  I was told, because the pool itself was closed, to try again in the morning (6am).  I had a fitfull sleep.  I awoke at 6am, called.  Called the grocery store again, all to no avail.   I then spent another three hours search and backtracking all through the house to all the places I had been (or at least could recall being).  I was running late for work at the U.  Losing U keys is a REALLY GIGANTIC deal and involves making new cores on locks of all the doors the keys work in.  .  Losing the vehicle key would cost ~$250 for a replacement.  Losing home keys could increase vulnerability.  

I was beside myself.  

I eventually found the keys in a stack of my hats on the dresser in my bedroom.  I HAD looked there at least THREE times during the search period yesterday and today.  

I had to scoot immediately to work.  It has been exhausting, just doing the normal work, as my mind is shot.  

I have ordered a "fob" thing to put on my keys so I can track them.  I cannot go through this again.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

That would be terrifying! I am always worried about misplacing my keys. Glad you located them but the stress along the way was NOT a good thing.

Tuesday, 20 August, 2024  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Oh no, nightmare! Sometimes you can't see for looking.

Wednesday, 21 August, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, I was going to suggest Tile or an airtag or whatever. Not that I have any experience of mi[placing things. Uh uh. Not I.

Wednesday, 21 August, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home