The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Quik

 


Just a quick post.  I am so continually busy during this first week that I seem to have little time for anything other than just work. I cannot wait until Friday, because it is more open and flexible and I can catch up on things both work and non-work related.  

  • 10 miles, like usual, today (~16km). I got up at 4:30am to run to get a bit more of a headstart on the work day, however.
  • The Department scheduled a "suddenly important" meeting for late this afternoon.  I am not sure what this may mean for my "Retiree's Cigar Group" which is in the late lunch time.  I may have to forgo the pleasure, or perhaps I will be stubborn enough to try to do that and get back in time.  Not sure.
  • The first week is USUALLY hectic helping the students get things STARTED and trying to give them the right sort of philosophical framework on how to succeed.  But, while that is occurring, I have much, much more rodent mania happening as well as I am trying to get new researchers up to snuff along with an impending conference I am going to attend that was scheduled a month earlier than typical in other years.  

So, I am feeling tuckered out all the time right now.

PipeTobacco
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

The beginning of school sounds particularly exhausting. Going back to work schedule always threw off my body clock too. My sleep patterns in the summer were very different! Hope you get to go to the Cigar Group.

Thursday, 29 August, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home